Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty Training!!

I think this has to be the worst and hardest part of parenting, so far! I really don't like this whole potty training thing! It is SO hard! Day one was probably one of the hardest days to get through thus far with kids. Crew did NOT potty on the toilet once, NOT ONCE!!! We did so many fun and creative things to try to get him excited and wanting to "pee pee on the potty". Nothing worked I tell ya! We colored the water blue so that when he peed it turned green. Didn't work. Shampoo to make bubbles. Didn't work. Fruit loops for targets. Didn't work, although he loved seeing them being flushed away! Read books, sang songs, etc. nothing worked! As day one went on he at least got closer to the potty when peeing our pants! By the end of the day he went from peeing on the couch and floors to peeing right NEXT to the potty! Oh the joys! Day two turned out to give us 2 success pee pees in the potty, but no poopies! We were THRILLED! We jumped up and down, had a party in the bathroom! Hooray! Potty on the toilet! He got any treat he wanted and got a "Coney aka Coraline" sticker to put on his potty chart! Day 3 something must have kinda clicked cause we got a 50-60% success rate that day! Still no poopies! Nap time was a success too.. not a drop! I think he is starting to get it or he just loves getting all the attention and treats!! Today is day four and we have not had ANY accidents (so far, knock on wood). We still have not gotten a number 2 but all pee pee has gone DOWN the toilet not in his pants!! YEAH! I am so happy! This still is so hard trying to take care of a 8 week old baby and asking my 27 month old every 15-30 minutes if he has to go "pee pee on the potty!!!" I am hoping this stage doesn't last forever! Cause I am already OVER IT!!! Can't wait to get one out of diapers! Here is to a successful potty training week!




Maybe the dragon is helping him pee!!!

8 comments:

Lac said...

I told you that you had to do the doll. I swear every single one of my kids were trained in a day, ONE DAY! Maybe when you're desperate enough you'll go buy the doll! LOL!

rachel thurston said...

why does he look like he's 15yr old? WHY? could luck with the fluid training.

Julie said...

Yeah! I am glad you stuck with it!

Tara said...

Good Luck! I keep saying next week I am going to try but I haven't committed myself to being homebound for a week yet! I just keep hoping Aidan is as easy to potty train as KK was but I really don't think that is going to be the case! Let me know if you find any tricks that work well! Love Ya

Beck said...

oh girl! I feel for ya!!!! Potty training is by far the worst part of parenting in my life so far too. Im sure teenagers might be harder :) But I will complain right along with ya. You had a lot of cute ideas to make it fun though. So you get the Awesome Mommy Award! And I know I have said it before but O-M-G!!!!! Indie...Can she be any cuter??? I DONT THINK SO!!!! Beautiful.

Palmer Family said...

I am totally with you on the worst think about being a mom. It is the worst. At least he doesn't kick you and hit you everytime you ask him to go. That was Mason. I am going to go cold turkey in April. He HAS to do it. He starts preschool in September for crying out loud!!

Arien said...

Oh man that really does suck! Thanks for the hairdo!!!!!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Yay for new posts!!! I love my smiley Indie...such a beautiful little baby girl!!!!! All I can say for the potty training is that I dread when it is my turn!!!