Monday, May 12, 2008

MY 1st MOTHER'S DAY!!!

So it was my very first official Mother's Day yesterday! (I say official because I was kind of a mother to my dog for the last 2 Mother's Days!) We had a good time at Nick's brother,Dave's, house. We had a BBQ and enjoyed just being around the family and of course watching the Jazz Playoff game! (WE WON IN OVERTIME!!!! Yeah! Go Jazz!!!) When we left and came back home we got Crew ready for bed, and then I started to think. I AM A MOM! Wow! I love my own mother and mother-in-law so much and am so grateful for them. They do so much for our little family. We love you guys and are so happy to have you as our mothers! I just can't express how much I love being a mother myself. My little guy is truly one of the biggest blessings in my life. He makes me so happy. He is the happiest baby I have ever seen. He smiles at everyone he sees. Someone told me that if his face isn't smiling than his eyes are. I think that is so true. He brings so much joy into our lives. Being a mom is a HUGE accomplishment in my life. I feel at times like Crew was sent to me to teach me how to do things not the other way around. The love I have for him is unexplainable. It beams throughout my soul. I feel like a little kid in a candy shop when I am with him, I just can't get enough. Being a mom is so fulfilling, even if I don't get to get all the laundry done in one day or clean the bathroom, or better yet take a shower. He makes it so worth it! There isn't anything I would rather be doing than being a mom to such a wonderful 5 month old! Crew, thank you for coming down and being such an amazing little man! You bring me so much joy! Words can't express how much your father and I love you! You bring a smile to our faces each and everyday! I hope you know that we are always here for you and want you to grow into a strong young man! WE LOVE YOU! I love being your mom and I hope that I can teach you how to love as you have done for me! With all the love I have, I love you! Love, Your Mom!

9 comments:

Lac said...

I sure had fun with Crew the other night. It was so great to get to spend time with him. I don't know if you know how much I love my nieces and nephews but it just makes me smile to see Nick as a Dad! I absolutely loved it, so thanks for letting him come and spend time with his Aunt Lacie!

Mindy Widdowson said...

Whitney-
What a beautiful post! It is so funny when you can read someone else's words that make a perfect fit in your own heart. Motherhood is a wonderful thing and I am thankful to the person who decided to set a side at least one day a year to honor mothers!
Crew is a gorgeous baby and he does radiate happiness!
Love,
Mindy

Kelie said...

you are the cutest mommy ever! so fun to read your feelings on motherhood, you have the perfect way of explaining everything! I just love you to pieces!

Shar Chavira said...

I'm so glad you had a good day missy...You are a cute mommy. I can't believe how fast your hair is growing already!! crazy!!!

TC Jolley said...

Happy first Mother's Day!

Trish said...

Yes, Happy 1st Mother's Day! There is something special about being a Mom.

So, Mac n Cheese at Harmon's, huh? I'll definitely give it a try. Meet you there later!!

Ash said...

Whit I can't wait to get to that Harmons. You should be a sponsor for them. Your simply the best Mom. Your first Mother's Day. Little Crew is so lucky to have you! You have done so much for him and for Nick. Your simply the best. Thanks for teaching me so much!

Mark andTiffani said...

Whit-dawg,
I don't know what Bree is talking about. It's been about 3 months since I last got my hair did. It just looks same old same old. Your hair is amazing though, and OH BOY is Crew cute!!! What a beautiful family. Love ya

Staci said...

Love you Whit!! You are a great mom..to all your boys!