Friday, January 9, 2009

RSV

It's that time of the year where EVERYONE IS SICK!!! Well I thought my little family was doing good all until about 2 days ago when Crew woke up not being able to breathe very well. I called his doctor and rushed him in. They diagnosed him him RSV right there. They did 2 oxygen tests on him and they weren't looking very good. So we did a suction treatment. CREW HATED IT! I was almost in tears because we had to hold him down while they stuck a tube in each nostril and sucked everything out of his lungs. Poor guy, almost clogged the machine with all the crap in his chest and nose. After that we did some more oxygen and then took the test again. He went up a few points and his wheezing while breathing wasn't as bad. But there was still a lot of wheezing is his lungs and lots of stuff still coming out of his nose. They sent us home to see how he does until the next day. Well anyone that knows Crew knows he is SO HAPPY ALL THE TIME. A little unusual for a kid that has RSV. He is such a good little boy. He slept for about 3 hours after the doctors appointment and woke up wanting to eat and play with Booduh and all his toys! What a Trooper! He woke up the next morning still wheezing a little but looking a lot better. His oxygen levels were about the same but with a lot more energy! Well as he was eating a cracker that day I thought I saw something stuck on the inside of his mouth. So as the good mom that I am, or thought at the time, I reached in to get it out. Well to my surprise it was not a stuck piece of food at all.... it was a FULL MOLAR! I had no idea that he was even getting that one in. He is such a good boy that it scares me that he won't tell me when he is in real pain. The molars are supposed to be one of the worst and I never knew he was getting ready to get it let alone HAVE IT FULLY IN!!!! I love Crew and am so thankful for the strong little guy he is! What did we do to get one of the most precious angels from up above??? We love you Crew and are so happy you are hanging in there! Get better soon! LOVE YOU!

P.S. Today he woke up chipper as always!!! Still contagious but getting better quickly!!! Thank you to those who have called to check in on him! We love you!

12 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I am glad he is doing better. That is so scary.

The Heriford's said...

Poor little guy!!!! That isn't fun at all. Way to go mommy and being right on top of it. I hope he is 100% soon!!!!!

Kelie said...

oh my goodness, how scary!!! Poor crew man! I am so glad to hear that he is doing better! And wow! a molar! getting so big! Love you! XOXO

Tara said...

Crew is so cute. I can not believe he got his molars in. You have such a good boy. We just love him! Can't wait to see you.

Trish said...

Poor kid! Good thing he has such a great mommy to take care of him :) Get better soon!!

Beck said...

Wow that is so scary. So glad to hear is doing better.

Lac said...

Poor little Crewser boy! I sure hate this for him! He's so good natured, you're really fortunate for that!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

O man...Rigby got RVS last year, and to my knowing once you get it you are more likly to keep getting it, and sure enough rigby got in again this winter as well, but we cought it early so he was just put on meds. Good luck with the whole thing It is a hard one, and it is very nerve racking!!!!

The Duncan's 365 said...

Whitney this is Cari Duncan from hair schoo!! Don't know that you remember me, i got this blog from Suzanne at hair school! We talk all of the time still feel free to check mine out if you would like its www.duncanfamilyadventures.blogspot.com I hope to hear from you :) your baby is adorable by the way I have my first on the way due in may, just after Suzanne!!

Sarah said...

poor little guy!! Oh my gosh I feel your pain when they were trying to suck all the crap out of his system...jade an an AWFUL experience with an I.V. once It was all I could do not to break down if front of the nurses! Glad to hear he is chipper and getting back to adorable Crew!

Sarah said...

wow I'm awesome at spelling and stuff....

Shannon said...

Whit, that sucks so bad. I am so sorry about Crew. I was thinking just that as I was looking at all your cute pics you post of him- he is such a happy adorable boy!! I hope he is doing better, and I can totally relate...Mackay has RSV now too! It is sad. We do those breathing treatments at home every 6 hours so I hope he will get better soon! We missed you thursday. Loves.