Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Week....

I feel like I haven't posted anything in forever, but that is because we have been in Las Vegas visiting with my family for the entire week! We drove to Vegas on Friday afternoon, NOT a good idea when it is Memorial Weekend, we were stuck in traffic for almost 1 1/2 hours, and that only got us to Spanish Fork!!! NOT FUN! But we made it with no other delays! Crew I must add was AMAZING! I just have to brag for a minute! He is the best baby on the planet. He slept the entire way, I woke him up to feed, and that cute boy went right back to sleep! He is so amazing! I am scared to have another cause he is so good! Anyway, enough of my proud mom kick, we had a fun time. We got to do so many fun things while we were there. We had our family pictures taken. This was our very first as a family! I have only seen a few of the images and I must say my cousin, Jeanna, is amazing! She took our pictures and what an amazing job she did! Wouldn't you agree?! I have one good lookin' family!! Crew look up buddy! He wanted to eat his hand the ENTIRE time! Oh well!! I love you guys!! LOOKING GOOD!
My sister looks like a supermodel! I am so proud of her she has lost a total of 95lbs.! Peck, way to go! You look great!
My brother and his daughter, Kaitlyn! They are so cute together, he loves his little girl!! And boy does she know it!
I told you it was the ENTIRE family! Yes, Booduh is in the family!! We love him too! Love you babe! You look smokin' HOT!

That very same day we rushed out of pictures and went to the Planet Hollywood to see the Broadway Musical "STOMP". It was amazing!!! What those people can do out of garbage cans, lids, water, etc. Incredible! We loved it! Thanks dad for taking us for YOUR birthday gift! Love you!!


On Memorial Day we woke up and got ready to go shooting! Yes I went as well! It was so much fun! I loved it! We went with a guy in my dad's ward that is truly a Jack Bauer. He can't leave the country without telling the authorities and get questioned about everything when he gets back. He deals with a lot of the explosives and large guns. He also has a finger that is cut off that he makes up stories about how it got cut off cause he can't say what really happened! CRAZY! So we got to shoot some really high tech and scary guns! We had at least 10 different guns there! My very favorite was the Assault Rifle! It was wicked cool! It didn't have that bad of a kick on it either, which I was totally surprised about seeing the massive size and all! We also got to shoot this one shot gun, I am not sure what kind but it wasn't your typical shot gun! So I am up to the mark where we shoot at and I am nervous. I had shot with it earlier on in the day and I hadn't remembered if it had major kick back or not. So I am trying to hold it steady and I am kinda shaking. I aim at my target and... BAM! I am flying back, the gun is pointed straight up, and I am bleeding! Not much but on my finger. What in the world? I didn't remember it being that hard. Well after everyone stopped laughing the guy told me there was a MAGNUM shell in the case. The kind our soldiers are using right now. I swear it almost took my arm off! I have a nice bruise to show for it! Gotta love the battle wounds!!
(I have actual pictures of us shooting but I can't find my camera, so when I find it I will post them!)

After shooting we went to the park and my dad tried to teach us how to play tennis! I loved it! I am not that great but boy was it fun! Can't wait to take more lessons with you Ash!! So much fun! We ended the great week with some much needed "girls time". So we went and got Spa Pedicures and one hour Massages! I was in heaven!!! I hadn't had a real massage since before Crew was born. I got a prenatal massage like a week before I went into labor but it wasn't very good. They didn't have the prenatal beds so I was on those uncomfortable wedges. I loved having the real deal, without a baby in the belly! Needless to say we had a fun time and loved the warm weather! Now if we can just get through this week with Crew's surgery and all we will be great! I will keep you posted after the surgery! He has to be put under so if you could remember Crew in your prayers that would be greatly appreciated!

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow, that sounds like an awesome weekend! I'm jealous. I'm sorry to hear that Crew is having surgery. What is he going in for? We'll keep him in our prayers.

Nikki said...

What gorgeous family photos! Your cous did a great job. Little Crew is in our prayers. Lots of love!

Bree aka Breeza said...

Hi BFF! Your fam pics rock! You are a bad A chick....shooting assault rifles?! AMAZING!!! I love you very much and Crew is definitely in my prayers! XOXOX

Jill said...

Such a beautiful family! And of course Jeanna did an amazing job-as usual!

Sara said...

Hey!! Sounds like you guys had fun! Yes ava had acid reflux. It sucks! Though she didn't spit much cause she swallowed everything again... yuck! I took her to the doc and he put her on a couple different meds... the prevacid doesn't work!! Anyways She out grew it at about 6 months. Good luck dude! It's no fun!! Miss you!

Sara said...

Hey Also... what is he having surgery for? What the heck? And your sis looks awesome!!

Kelie said...

absolutely LOVE your family pictures! your sis looks amazing! and of course love how you include your booduh man! what a fun week...massage sounds like heaven right now! your family especially crew will definitely be in our prayers...i haven't talked to you for so long is it the 'peter' surgery?? love you so much and miss you!!!!

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

Hey Whit, I meant to get on you rblog yesterday but i never got on the computer. I have been thinking about you a lot since I found your blog. I actually see Trevor & Tara they are friend swith my sister-in-law. Tara and i went to Keith Urban Last year together. Your guys family pic is so cute. Trevor and Kaitlyn pic is so cute. Can you believe we have kids. When I found your blog I started thinking about when we use to hang out. YOu will have to let me know when you come to Vegas again so I can see you.
Nat

*Kelly* said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who want to do family pictures with their dog! I think it's normal too so thank you for doing it, it turned out super cute! You have such an adorable family!