Saturday, July 26, 2008

To Gettin' Dirty & Camping!!

This weekend we went with our good friends, Brad and Kelly Tate, and Brain and Ashlee Gardner, up American Fork Canyon and went camping. This was our first time going this year and Crew's very first time going ever! He did so amazing, but then again we wouldn't expect anything less than that from him. He is always a delight to be around. The spot where we camped out at was perfect. It was shaded by hundreds of trees and had a great spot for eating and sleeping. The only thing it lacked was a river running through it. Other than that I would say near flawless! We got to roast hot dogs/turkey dogs, make some delicious S'mores, which Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! AMAZING!!! I typically do not like S'mores and I LOVED THESE! I got the chocolate to melt to a perfect stage and then slapped it on the graham cracker. TASTY! We also got another treat that night and that was from our little Owl friend. I have never seen one in real life. It was just a little guy but so cute! It kept looking at Booduh wondering what he was doing or maybe how he could come down and snatch him. Speaking of Booduh. Are you kidding me? He got so dirty I almost didn't love him. He was black by the end of the camping trip. Not only that but with little prickly things ALL OVER HIM! He jumped up on me and that was the end of that, cause I started to get hives! Not sure if he had lots of stinging nettle on him but man, I could not touch that dog. Right after we got home Nick washed him and it took like an hour to get him all cleaned and lookin' good. Now I can hold my puppy again! I love camping. I love the smell you take with you from being by a camp fire... that doesn't come out for days!!! I love that Crew slept all night, and it even rained! He woke up once when Nick and I got in the tent and he pulled his head up and looked at us, smiled a HUGE smile, and went right back to sleep! I could just squeeze that little boy! I love him so much! He is becoming such a little man. I can hardly believe it. Can I freeze time please? He is growing up too fast! I need my baby back!!! Well, thanks to the Tate's and Gardner's for a fun camp out!

1 comment:

Ash said...

We had a blast. And that was the best spot ever. We will need to remember that. Thanks so much for the fun night. You guys are such a blast to be with. Love ya.