Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall Fun

We are enjoying the beginning of this fall season. We are loving the weather and love being outside. These past few weeks we have done some fun things! So I decided that I would post about all of it all at once. First off, after a long vacation to the Caribbean we decided to take another little vacation, WITH Crew this time, and surprise my family and fly down for the weekend. My entire side of the family lives in Las Vegas still so they don't get to see Crew's cute face half as much as Nick's family so this was a much needed trip for Crew to see my side of the family. They hadn't seen him since April. So he was definitely a different kid than the last time they saw him. He was a baby before and now he is a little man!! So we flew in on Friday night and what a great surprise it was. Now you have to know that my sister LOVES Crew. Who doesn't right? Well she loves him so much sometimes I think she thinks he is hers!! It's super cute! She is always wanting to talk to him on the phone, wanting pictures everyday, and most of all trying to teach him to say her name more than mine! So my mom knew about the "surprise" and came to pick us up from the airport. We got to her house where my dad and sister were and we walked in and Kenn said something and I responded. She flew her head around and started to cry. Which then made me cry and then my mom. Then my dad comes flying in the room, with his hands in the air and screaming, " Crew is here! Crew is here!!" It was so cute. I love that my family loves him as much as we do! Here are a few pictures from that trip! Thanks guys for a great time. Peck, can't wait to see you in a week. Maybe Crew will say your name while you are here! MAYBE!


The next fun fall thing we did was, we went to the Utah State Fair with some of our good friends! ( The Newton's, Svay's, and Schultz's) It was so fun to get to see all the animals, even though I kinda felt bad for them. They didn't look like they were having fun at ALL! But Crew and Boston sure had fun with the animals. There were a ton of animals there that they were able to pet and poke at! Here are some of the highlights of that night. The only picture I didn't get was the amazing DEEP FRIED PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY SANDWICH!!! Oh my gosh! Only at a fair right? Well I say WRONG! Not even there. It was so disgusting. Annie saw it on the news and they said it was a "must-have" item at the fair. So what do we do? We get one! It looked nasty to begin with. It was this BIG, round piece of greased out dough covered in chocolate and powdered sugar. Don't ask me why we even attempted to taste this after seeing it. I won't go into too much detail about the taste because you just may decide you need to puke right here right now. So needless to say it was SO GROSS!! So this is my warning to anyone going to the fair, DON'T get a PB&J DEEP FRIED! (F.Y.I they also had deep fried Twinkies, Oreos, and Snicker's bars.) Thanks for a great night out!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I wish we were there to hang out with all of you. Crew is getting big and cuter than ever!!

Palmer Family said...

Hey Whit, we need to get together soon! Crew is getting so big, and I want you to meet Dillon. I'll call ya!

P.S. said...

Who knew the fair would be so much fun?! Sorry we couldn't find a good churrio for you though. It was fun smooshing everyone in the volvo and making it a family affair! Road trip here we come!

Annie said...

WHAT?? You mean you didn't totally and completely LOVE the fried PB&J, because I just couldn't get enough of it!! mmmm mmmm, nothin like a big grease ball on a stick! oh ya. And the best part is, is that I am pretty sure that is on the P90X diet. yep, pretty sure.

Cameron Family said...

What a fun thing to suprise your family! I am glad that yu had a fun weekend and had fun at th fair! I love fair food, although I have never tried the fried PB&J.

Chris said...

What about ping-pong fall fun?!?! And you were AWESOME on the drums by the way!

Ash said...

Whit what darling slide shows. Little Crew boo. I love him. Remember how much he was laughing playing round the world at ping pong. That was simply the best. Looks like you guys had a blast at the state fair. So cute! Glad you got to go to Vegas. It's time to get our butt kicked tonight...are we ready. YES we are!!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Still laughing about those fried sandwiches!! Crazy!! You are hilarious Whit. I love being around you because you always make me happy!!!

Bree aka Breeza said...

HEY.....take it easy my friend! You are now on my blog. It must have cut my last comment off, I have fixed the prob. You now have your shout out showing....SORRY! You know how much I love you!XXXX

Erin Bradley said...

How fun. I love the fair (not to mention Vegas). We need to get together again soon.